Saturday, May 30, 2009

when you give birth to a reincarnated sea monster....


Apparently my son was once a sea monster. And a thief. And a stunt double (which I always thought was stunt devil growing up until my not deaf husband corrected me). But those last two are besides the point.


Since we are broke, we are so trying to figure out fun free things to do because my lovely darling adores the outdoors and getting away from home (who can blame him-- I sure can't!). So, today we decided to go to Yorktown Beach because they always do Saturday Movies when it gets warm outside. This is AJ's first time really at the beach (being in a covered up stroller on the fourth of july does not count) so I was prepared for him to freak out at the vastness of water.


Oh... oh... but I was wrong. Not only did he just shovel the sand into his mouth like it was the half baked ice cream treat we had prior at Ben & Jerry's. Not only did he reach for every dog we passed and called them "lelelelon" (baby talk for Leon). But he walked to the water. No, ran to the water. It is like it was calling him. And he just didn't stop at the little wave crests, he wanted to KEEP GOING. He plopped in the water, in his cute Ecko shorts and cute green polo shirt. Did I mention how full diapers get if submerged in water? Yuck.

The second best part of our trip to the beach, other than watching my son have a blast (who may be Evil Kenivel reborn... is he even dead?), was the pack (school? herd? formation?) of dolphins that we saw swimming around. There were at least 12 of them swimming, and we stood there for a good ten minutes watching them. It was awesome-- they are so graceful and beautiful that everybody around us stopped and watched them. I think the last time I saw dolphins was when my dad and I went fishing with some people from Menchville Baptist.

*sigh* goodness I hope Drew ends up staying the week in NC with us... I am going to have my hands full with my little sea monster at the beach that week.... I wish they sold those things that Harry Potter ate in the Goblet of Fire that made him grow gills for an hour. I'd totally buy like 200 of those things (100 for AJ, 100 for Andrew, his second cousin that is only like two months older than him) and let them swim with the dolphins.

1 comment:

  1. gilly-weed is the stuff harry potter ate to grow gills (hehehe)

    So glad you made it to the beach <3

    ReplyDelete