Thursday, June 4, 2009

catching up during *singing* the sound... of silence...

Due to the gracious storm that lolled itself through Hampton Roads last night, my wacky son has decided to sleep in (says this with fear edging in my voice.... have I just jinxed myself???) so I figured I'd catch up right quick on the good ol blog. I'm proud of myself for keeping up with this--- it is a pleasure to read back on things that I have written on a whim, even if nobody else really follows. I hope to keep track of this long enough to really be able to look back on it and see how I've grown and changed throughout life.


With that said, my little boy does NOT like going to the hair salon. Poor Mindy. She offered to do his hair for me (and teach Drew how to do a fade) but as soon as she turned the clippers on, holy MOLEY! He was not a happy camper. Needless to say, he left in Drew's arms, hair untouched by any source of clippers. I hope that Mindy did not take it personally. He usually loves her, but now is a little frightened by anything metal that she holds in her hands. I hope she never shows up at my house Edward Scissorhands style. AJ may make me disown her as friend/ hair dresser. Perhaps that is why he woke up last night at 9:30 screaming-- still half asleep. Maybe he was dreaming that the clippers going after him in the tunnel that never seems to end, and all you can do is run that rediculous retarded run that is slow as crap and makes your feet feel like they weigh about 20 pounds each. (Can you tell that I've dreamt about this kind of thing a lot-- minus the clippers)


Ugh. If it wasn't AJ, of course it'd be the other one.... the sound of only having one child grows more and more appealing!

1 comment:

  1. whoa.. give the boy some time, he'll have the hair salon figured out soon enough. He's just not old enough to reason with yet!!!

    ReplyDelete