Thursday, June 4, 2009

bring on the natural remedies!!!!

So for a couple of months now I have been on anti depressants due to my anxiety problems. Because of our lack of cash, we have had to put a hold on all of my medication. Which is kind of scary considering the last time I had to stop taking birth control I found out that I was pregnant (and the great part was that I got pregnant WHILE TAKING THE PILL. in spite of what Drew may try to tell you otherwise.)


Anyway, to get my mind off of that crazy part, there are some serious consequences of just stopping anti depressants cold turkey. And birth control pills. Not only are your hormones in your body wacky from not being flushed with extra girly hormones, but my brain is pushing hormones or chemicals or what have you in a more natural fashion. It has got me all dizzy-fied, nausea-fied, cranky-fied, sickish feeling. Well, that was up until today. I woke up feeling kind of nasty because I only had 2 hours of sleep (apparently getting off that medication gives you wacky balogna dreams as well...) but as the day has progressed on, I have been feeling lighter. The bloating from my stomach has gone away. The compulsion to eat at random hours throughout the day have deminished. The constant numbness that the antis were giving me has slowly faded out and I can actually feel excitement, happiness, aggrivation, and a genuine smile come across my face.

Because of this. I will not put myself back on antidepressants, even when we can afford to. I will now dedicate myself to more natural remedies. They are more expensive, however, they will not give me the effects that the zoloft gave me, and they are in a natural fashion-- and on the bright side, they are built into a multivitamin packet that is made just for my needs!!!!!


So bring it on depression. You may get me down, but I am letting God's natural NATURE get my through it, as well as his blessings-- I am FINALLY FEELING MYSELF AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Megan! I, too, struggle with anxiety, but have chosen to never take medication. Although I do have "episodes" from time to time, they are the exception rather than the rule. Given the choice, I accept the occasional "downs" in exchange for experiencing ALL of the emotions of life to the fullest, every day...enjoy getting to know yourself again! And, btw, there are some excellent herbs that can help you through the down times....

    ReplyDelete