Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Sound of Silence... mixed with a guilty obsession...


So as I sit here, moments away from doing my grueling one hour daily workout, I am enjoying the bliss of having a clean house and a quiet house....

AJ is sleeping..... *AMEN!!!*

Anyway, I've got a confession to make. A quiet, guilty confession of what I cannot hide anymore....

I am obsessed with books. Reading them, buying them, collecting them.... something that ALWAYS makes me happy is having a GREAT BIG PILE of books that still need to be opened, to be read, to be treasured. I tell everybody if they are at a stump on what to get me for a Christmas or birthday present, to get me a gift card to Barnes & Noble.

Have I told anybody how beautiful I think that store is? The beautiful smell of untouched paper... the crisp off white pages of books just waiting to be explored by somebody as appreciative as I am.... mmm its the smell of peace. And the silence of dedicated readers.... mixed with the slight aroma of Starbucks' coffee. I sure do hope that heaven has a Barnes & Noble.

Notice all those dot dot dots? Those are the dot dot dots of a dream to splurge at that store, unbiasedly, not worrying about money, not realizing that every book you want has at least a $15 price tag on them.... its a dream. A confession. An obsession....

No comments:

Post a Comment