Friday, January 23, 2009

yeOWZA!

I, like my brother, have extreme sinuses. No, they don't like to skateboard down my nose (more like run out of my nose... ha... ha...)-- but they like to tear up the insides of my face. I feel like the stuff in my sinuses have little doc martens on and is dancing to Agnostic Front's "Crucify!!". I don't know what else to do. I have a prescription, I drain my nose out, I use saline, what else is there? I've even tried the 'tapping' method where you tap and rub on certain parts of your face that supposedly drains the mucus out of your face.


Yeah right.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I am in an in depth reading of the bestselling novel, The Shack. I wasn't sure if I could read it due to my sensitivity to tragedy and children, however, I am finding this book reassuring on so many levels!!! It is a Christian novel that expresses the intensity of the relationship between this man and God after his daughter was murdered brutally.

The part that so far has struck me home was where the man, Mac, was supposed to walk across this lake with Jesus. He didn't want to, but eventually did, and through his trust he was able to. Jesus talked about not being afraid and just trusting in him. Sounds pretty typical to add to a book, right? Well, not-so-coincidentally (I'm really starting to believe that there are no such thing as coincidences, just miracles!), my Bible Reading that night was where Jesus walked on the water after the feeding of the 5,000 in Matthew. I think that God is trying to tell me not to be so daggone afraid all the time. To trust in him more. To let life happen through Him and that He will make everything alright!!! It was reassuring and really has helped me out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment