Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I look out my window like a little kid at Christmas and....

I get MAD!!! WHAT snow?!?! Drew wakes me up as I'm leaving telling me to call when the snow starts sticking to the roads so he can head home from Williamsburg in that damned van of his that I'm so worried about him being in all the time. I get all psyched when I wake up a little while later and.... NOTHING. I read on my message boards that they have actually closed down Hampton and Newport News schools because of this too. I mean, I know we live in Virginia and we freak over the first snow flake that falls. I know that as soon as that beautiful white stuff hits our windshield on our car we are supposed to immediately start overusing our breaks and drive like 10-20 miles under the speed limit. I also know that it is possible to make a snowman out of 1.5 inches of snow. But come ON. There is nothing!

I've been praying that it will snow a little bit, just so that AJ can experience his first snow, but I think God is having a little too much fun being the Ultimate Weather Man. I wonder if He's laughing at Virginia right now.


Oh well, I'll leave you with this line that Jesus told us in Mark 5 (I cannot remember the verse, but it was when he healed the bleeding woman and woke up the little girl): "Do not be afraid, just BELIEVE". That has bought me a lot of reassurance through my mini episodes. I actually replayed that in my head last night over and over again as I fell asleep.


.<3.

1 comment:

  1. sigh... i never thought VA could get even MORE absurd with reactions to "bad weather"..... but this week was absolutely RIDICULOUS

    ReplyDelete