Sunday, January 25, 2009

Booo to homes with fireplaces....

As winter has *finally* set in Virginia, I am sitting here bundled up like I am about to go outside. Eating day old Arby's. And a little freaked out due to the horror movie a new friend of mine and I saw together tonight. While on one hand I was glad to get out of the house, I was not expecting to get so freaked out. We went and saw Unborn. Yes, I know, the reviews and others have said that it is just corny, tasteless, and typical, but you try seeing it in a nearly empty theater with a baby at home. And with the genetics of twins running through my blood. And being a little scaredy cat like me.

On the bright side, in case you didn't notice in the bit above, I have found a new friend that I really enjoy hanging out with!!! She started coming to my church with her husband, and her husband quickly ended up having to go to Japan for 3 months. Since then, we have been texting and really getting along. I'm stoked because this is the one thing that I've been wanting and subconciously constantly praying for. Finally God blessed me with somebody at my tiny church that I connect with!

And the other bright side-- my dad's birthday is tomorrow. What cracks me up is that all he wanted for his birthday was a Kangol hat and a Wii game-- sounds like he's turning 21 to me! I am really blessed with my great, sometimes quarky, family. And I am blessed that God is showing me how to spend my time wisely and how to strengthen myself in my faith. Hopefully He will give me more opprotunities to help people so that it will open me up even more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment