Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"What did you do today?"

I wrestled an estranged cat from my son's arms. I made waffles for breakfast that just got mostly smeared into the floor. I wrestled with my baby while vacumming and scrubbing out blueberry stains from those waffles. I managed to change a boy that seemed like he had 8 arms, all fighting me the whole way. I made lunch for him while having him wrapped around my legs. I finally got some peace and quiet in the car until we saw his grams. I got out that wonderful lunch, with the green beans cleverly disguised in the ham and cheese sandwich I made for him, only to have it not eaten because he saw the little bits of green. I cleaned up the toys in my mother's preschool classroom because they were covered with bread and yogurt covered hands. And kissed about 5 boo boos he received while trying to run away from me or getting into something that he shouldn't have. After seeing he won't eat veggies, even cleverly disguised, I went to the store and bought 50 dollars worth of things that he may, or may not, eat that has veggies in it. I relaxed while he napped by working out, cleaned the house, and got supper ready for our family and another one who just had a baby. In between the cooking of our meal, I delivered the second. I petted the sweetest rotwieler I've ever met, chatted and cried with a fellow mother, and attempted to go home during rush hour. I came home, finished fixing the rest of the dinner, and served it with my boy once again wrapped around my ankles. I gave AJ a bath, kissed his boo boo when he hit his head on the door while he was trying to crawl away from me, soaking wet, and managed to dress him while once again him acting like an octopus.

Finally, after some down time of him going between me and his daddy over and over again, I laid him down with his bottle and kissed him good night. I thanked God for this blessing of mine and I smiled as I whispered, "I love you" to the little boy who completely rocks everything about my world.

What did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment