Tuesday, July 21, 2009

bags, church, and books oh my!

Bags:

I went to a wonderful party hosted by the wonderful Bethany P. It was for a "bag" line called 31. 31 is based on Proverbs 31, which concentrates on women and that they all deserve to have something beautiful!!!! Anyway, Jessie, Katie, and I fell in <3LOVE<3 with many of the fall items, as well as the couple of summery items we picked out. Because of this, we decided that we are hosting our OWN party, here, at my house, on the first Friday in October. I am super excited about it-- we will have fresh treats and plenty of laughs. Everybody is invited!!!


Church:

This Sunday Stu talked about communion. It was meaningful, because he really touched basis with some things that I have never connected before with the Lord's supper. It was one of those sermons that you know you will never forget, even if they didn't have a Mini Cooper on the stage at one point in time.... haha! I will always associate communion now with more of a spiritual awakening. A reminder that JESUS was the innocent lamb that was slain and put across the top of our heart's doorway, so that God's judgement may pass over our sinful nature and that we may live. *sigh* I love mini revelations that pop out like that.

Books:

I just finished reading this delightful little delicacy called "What-in-the-dickens" by Gregory McGuire. You may recognize him as the guy who wrote the "Wicked" trilogy. Anyway, this book I believe is more centered around the younger crowd, and it was so much fun to read! About the little creatures that deem themselves as skebereens, who don upon the coat of the lable "tooth fairy". They collect teeth and plant them, and they turn into wishing candles in which they replace one ordinary candle in the bunch with this magical wishing candle, in hopes that humans will continue to have imagination, hopes, and dreams. I'd recommend it to anybody who likes a good tale! I may even tell this one to AJ when he gets older!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment