Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I know, I know, I'm horrible at this!!!

For a while I was good about keeping up with my blog. Now it is more like a once a month kind of thing. I apologize. It is not the lack of not having anything to write about, however, it is the lack of time to write anything. I am attempting this weekend to make my first 'fun' dessert item-- AJ's alligator cupcake birthday cake. Dun dun dun!!! I went to a baking supply store and the woman (who I share a birthday with.... and who is expecting her first grandchild.... and who's daughter who is pregnant is due in July... who lives in Germany right now, but is hoping that they can move to Colorado before the baby is close to being due.... yeah... we talked a lot) really helped me out a lot with how to do things!!! I feel more confident now in the cake, and am hoping that it will look good and taste delicious. will post pics as soon as it is done.


Meanwhile, Easter just came and went. What a fun day. My kid was the cutest thing on the block. Thanks Jess for posting pics up, because you and mom are the only ones who took pics of him in his outfit!



God is awesome in blessing me with such a great family and such a fantastic *almost* one year old!!!!

Anyway, not only did Easter come and go, AJ's FIRST BIRTHDAY *WOWZA!!!* is this SATURDAY. Holy Moley, to think that at this time last year I was contemplating my feet's death as they kept swelling and growing.... mmm.... I do not miss being pregnant one bit....

This year AJ's birthday theme is nonexistent, other than he is getting some fun outdoors stuff as well as other random objects. Thanks to Drew's fantastic kind of rich father, he is getting the coolest play center ever that I OKed him on getting.



This thing is the coolest thing on the block. It is the closest thing to a boy's play house that we could get. Now, we have asked the other grandparents to supply a car to ride around in the back yard, as well as a slide that can fold up and either go inside or out. I have to admit I am more excited about this birthday than any other birthday EVER. Forget the fact that my birthday is next Wednesday, it is all about my kick butt kid and his day!!!! (Seriously! I don't care about turning 23!)

Anyway, other than these exciting events of April, I have been obsessively buying off of Ebay.com.... I am so horrible... I was so sick and tired of watching the same movies with the kids over and over again that I just... got a little... carried away. But Ebay is so addictive, in case anybody hasn't had a chance to experience... I will tell you the list of movies that I have gotten, all for less than 10 dollars a piece (either bought at ebay.com or moviestop, which is another guilty pleasure of mine)....

~Aladdin
~Lady & the Tramp
~Peter Pan
~Cinderella
~Sleeping Beauty
~Robin Hood
~Jungle Book
~Pinnochio
~A Bug's Life
~Antz
~Never Ending Story I and II
~Beauty & the Beast
~Shrek I and II
~101 Dalmations
~Emperors New Groove
~The Little Mermaid

About half of these I even managed to pay under $5, which is anything short than a miracle. Nonetheless, I am ending my ebay days because quite frankly, I am afraid of spending any more money on it. I would tell you that I got all of these for AJ... however by noticing the Princess movies on there, you would know that I am lying... haha.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the shout out meg!!!

    no one (including myself) holds it against you for not blogging... YOU HAVE A KID!!!!

    LOVE YOU <3

    ReplyDelete